Featured post

What Did Anglo-Force Look Like?

I've been playing around with one of those AI art generator things, generating images for some of the old Anglo-Force characters in a ...

Friday 1 April 2016

Jackie Pallo and Me

In February 2006, shortly after the death of British wrestling great Jackie Pallo, the Eastern Daily Press got in touch with me asking me to contribute to the article below.

It's the only time during my nearly 16 years as a wrestling blogger I've been asked to contribute something in this way, and even though I only get a brief mention it was nice to get a bit of recognition.


My connection to Jackie Pallo also went as far as my job hunting. The then-manager of Cromer Pier interviewed me, and when I told him I liked wrestling he mentioned that he used to play golf with Mr. Pallo. When I told him he'd recently passed away he was quite upset.

I didn't get the job though! Maybe it was the red shirt I wore to the interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment