Saturday 13 February 2016

My operation was a success!

A quick health update for you: this past Wednesday, about five months after being admitted to A&E, I went back into hospital for my heart operation. 

The procedure I underwent was a coronoary angiogram. The operation was a success. They discovered some minor damage to a couple of arteries which will be treated with medication, while another artery at the back of my heart was repaired with a stent. I was released from hospital the following day, with strict instructions to take it easy for a week or so.

My right wrist has quite a big bruise on it at the moment, which makes it a bit difficult to do certain things, but apart from that I don't feel too bad at the moment.
 
I was going to write a longer piece about things, but in truth I don't actually remember much about the operation, except that my right foot went to sleep.
 
So let's finish this thing by saying a big thank you to the nurses and doctors who looked after me during my brief stay at the Norflk & Norwich University Hospital. I've said before that Britain's Nathonal Health Service gets a lot of bad press for certain things, but if it wasn't for them I'd probably still be in a ton of trouble.
 
And finally, a big thank you to every one who sent me their best wishes via e-mail and social media. A few kind words are often just as good as medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment