Tuesday, 22 September 2015

A little piece about immigration.....

Every day when I log onto Facebook I see people posting images about how the UK should stop immigrants, how they should do this, and how they should do that. Well, let me tell you a little story.

Last week when I was in hospital the first person I saw in A&E was an African porter. While I waited for treatment I saw doctors and nurses from Asia, Africa, and Australia.


The first nurse who treated me was from Africa. A few hours later while I waited to be transferred to the ward I was looked after by another African nurse.

The following day the cardiologist I saw was from India. A few hours later I saw a second cardiologist, a very nice African lady who explained to me what medication I was being given. As I waited to be discharged a Scandinavian doctor gave me my medication.

While we're at it, let's throw this into the mix. The best job I ever had was working for a business that was owned by a South African who served in the RAF. He married an English woman, and they had a daughter who married an Italian and had two great kids. I consider them all good friends.

So next time you see a post about immigrants, think about the people who could be treating you if you end up in hospital. Then go back on Facebook and complain about these "bloody foreigners".